There are many things that you learn about each other in a cramped 2-bedroom apartment. Here are a few:
1) Cyndi does not do well with really smelly poopy diapers. She gagged so bad and had to scream for Papa to come and help. She also got poop everywhere because she was gagging. I now know what Uncle Jimmy was talking about - I SO understand!!!
2)I have always disliked cottage cheese, but my boys eat it as if it were the best dessert in the world. Yes, just plain cottage cheese.
3)Sawyer is a boy of many facial expressions. He can communicate in so many ways just with a look. He also tends to cry easily when he is told No.
4)Sutton is not as shy as he wants people to be. He also is a bit jealous so both boys compete for our attention.
5)Sutton loves soccer. He even sat very still to watch it on TV. He is very athletic - and this causes problems in an apartment when it is too cold to go outside. He is also quite a talker. He has been talking up a storm since yesterday - and we have no idea what he is saying, but we are happy that he is talking.
6)Both boys are much smaller than what we thought in stature. So, Sutton is wearing Sawyers clothes - and they fit! I can not believe it. The 3T pants I purchased are too big - but the 2T shirt of Sawyer's fits just fine.
7)Sawyer is still congested. I think he lives that way. He does not have fever, but he sounds horrible.
8)Sutton's rash is all but gone. We have not allowed him apple juice because that is what they said he was allergic to (even though they kept giving it to him). I am going to try some today to make sure that it was the apple juice.
9)Bryan and I are such a great tag-team - but it is hard work - and we love it. Our boys are wonderful - each with a different personality than what he first thought. Our shy timid boy that we were worried about is doing excellent. Our baby talker and happy-go-lucky boy is not on a schedule yet (even though we follow the same schedule as the orphanage). He just has a hard time with change right now, but he will adjust - or he will just finally pass out because he is so tired.
10)There are many other things I have learned, but it is snack time in the Davis home - and Momma and Papa are about to die from starvation - there are times when you would just rather not eat than to eat some of the things that the boys are used to eating!!!! We are going to the store today - we have to get some frozen pizzas or something!
Love to you all - we are doing well, but miss home immensely!!