Friday, September 26, 2008

Each day a bit easier....

We went to the amusement park yesterday but decided to stay inside - Sawyer is very congested and we did not want him to be outside. It was a sad day today because he kept looking at me and pointing to his coat and saying, "Paka Paka" - that means bye bye. I kept telling him that we were not going outside today at all. As I was distracting him in the other room, Papa and Sutton slipped out to walk to the store - Sutton just needs to get out and burn some energy every day.

The amusement park was fun. The boys rode on the horse carousel and then other little in door rides. They seemed to have fun. We only stayed for about an hour and a half - plenty of time. We got home, ate dinner, and then played for a bit.

Both boys went down pretty easy. We have been getting up when we hear Sawyer cry because he is so congested and we are very worried that he may run a fever. So, when he cries, we get him and put him in bed with us. This usually isn't until 12am - but last night, he made it until 2am. Maybe tonight he will make it all night. We had our first wet bed incident. Poor Sutton was too scared to get up to go to the restroom. Bryan was the champ - he got him up, put dry clothes on him, and then brought them to our bed.

We have a bit of a routine now. I asked the translator to go with me to the pharmacy to get some decongestant. She told me that Sawyer was fine and "it is just the season" for that type of congestion. I explained that he had the same crud in June and that was not the season - She just looked at me as if I were a bit overprotective, but she took me. The lady in the pharmacy knew exactly what we needed for a baby with fluid in his chest (that is how I had to describe it). She read the instructions to me (like I knew what she was saying).... Anyway, I got it home and Bryan refused to let me give it to Sawyer - he is not sure about any medicine that we aren't 100% sure about. I know it is an expectorant because you can tell that is the word on the front in Russian. But still, Bryan says no. So, we keep up Baby Tylenol when we feel we need it.

Well, it is time to get the boys up from nap time - Yes, Thank you God for nap time - I don't know what we would do without it. We are running out of internet cards and will need to get some again, so it may be a few days before we can post again. We miss you all and wish we could be back home tomorrow - but it is definitely not going to happen before the 16th of October. Hope everyone is doing well!