Monday, September 22, 2008

Medicals Finished - Thank Goodness!!

We finished with medicals today – they went pretty quickly . We will get to see Sawyer at 3:45 to watch him eat so that the social worker will be happy that we know of his eating habits. Then after a short time, we will go see Sutton. We will spend about 1.5 hours with him. Tomorrow is court and a busy day for us. We do not know what time our court time is – and we have not been briefed about questions they may ask us. We will have that briefing tonight. This is our last night with Michelle and Tony – the couple here to adopt for the second time. They have a 4 year old that they adopted 3 years ago. This is trip one for them. We have set a date to meet with them around 7pm to toast to their safe trip home and our successful court date. They have a small bar at the bottom of the hotel – Tony says they even have Miller Light. I would love to have a beer tonight so that I can sleep a bit better than last night. The beds are so hard that I find myself getting up around 3am and going to the much softer couch.
It is very cold today with howling wind. I should have packed a coat, but Bryan was complaining about packing too much and I decided I could live without a heavy coat – Wrong decision. That just means that we may have to go shopping later. We had our first successful walk to the grocery store – by ourselves. We purchased some spaghetti, meat, cheese, and bread -just enough to get us through for a few days. We will be going to the supermarket in a day or two and we can purchase some food items for the boys. It has been very busy. We are getting ready to visit in a few minutes, so I will say goodbye for now. We will blog once we get home for our court date. Please say a prayer for us that the judge is satisfied with all our documents. Tony and Michelle told us that they were in Russia for 6 weeks with their first child because there were document problems – and they did not get their daughter until a few days after the court date. I am hoping for a much better situation.
Love you all – Wish us luck – We can’t wait to get our boys in our possession!!!