Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back To Our Crazy Lives

Well, it has been a few days since my last blog - Bryan and I are back home and up until last night, we thought we were over the jet lag - but at 1:30am, we were both wide awake - that would have been morning time in Khabarovsk. We went back to sleep, and awoke at 3:30am - Bryan had to take me to the airport by 4:30 so I could catch my 3 planes to Hawaii - because of our sudden trip to see the boys, I had to change my flight and meet my family 2 days later in Hawaii. In Houston, the plane was leaking fuel - someone did not screw the panel on tight enough (at least that is what we were told) - and that delayed the flight for 45 minutes until they figured out how to rescrew the panel. So, I missed my connecting flight from LAX to Hawaii - When I got off the plane, I was told that it was not a problem - they would put me on their next flight - tomorrow morning. I am normally nice about things, but I was not nice on this one. I told them that there was no way that I was going to spend the night in LA - after they searched all the airlines, they found that Hawaiian Air had one open seat at 6pm. I took it. Now I am sitting in LAX blogging!!!!

I wanted to take this time to say thank you to all who are sending us kind thoughts and prayers. They mean so much to us. Bryan and I are just beside ourselves. We are trying to find any and all ways to get our court date as quick as possible. We woke up eary the day after we got in from Russia and spent the day getting our fingerprints and fBI checks done.. They are in the mail and we should get them back in 2 weeks. We will be filling out paperwork (formal court request) this week and sending that in. Everyone is asking what they can do to help, and the only answer is to keep sending up prayers. I will be in Hawaii and hopefully that will take my mind off the sadness - Bryan will be at 4-H leadership camp. We ask for your prayers for the boys - that they continue with good health and that God finds a way to help them understand that we are coming back to get them. Really, I am worried about Sutton the most. He is the child that has told his caregivers that he does not know why we come and then leave and he can not go with us. I don't know if he truly expressed that to them or if that is their belief since he seemed to be on an emotional rollercoaster last week. Either way, I hope that we did a good job explaining that we would be back as soon as possible. I have made a brag book with pictures, and we have some good video. I hope that when I return from Hawaii that everyone will give me a call and come by so I can show off the boys. I can't post pictures and video on the blog until the boys are officially ours, but I can do private showings!!!!
Love to all!