They say that pregnant women are charged with hormones and overly emotional..........If that is true, I think that I am pregnant. As we near the day that we get to actually meet our child, I find that my interactions with children seem to be emotionally charged.....I am really hyperaware of little things.
Last week, we attended a stock show. A friend of Bryan's was judging, and his wife and 2 children attended. After the show was over, we stood around talking and just hanging out. D&S have two beautiful children. A 3 yr old girl and a new baby boy. Bryan has been head-over-heels in love with the 3 yr old since she was an infant, and it is amazing to see how he relates to her. The two of them played, laughed, tickled, and goofed around the entire time. I played with her brother the entire time. He is at that age where he really is smiling and laughing. We had such a great time.
I have read so many blogs from others about the first time you actually meet your child, and I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the typical responses from our child.... crying, avoiding, shying away from one or both of us - but then, warming up to us, playing, laughing. Only to leave so that you can come back the next day and go through the whole thing again. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster - true pregnancy has nothing on adoption pregnancy!
As our paperwork baby begins to slowly evolve, we await PATIENTLY for the next step. I am constantly reading books about what is involved in getting the dossier ready, and I think we have most of everything we will need. But, who knows.......????
This will be a very busy year for us. I head to Los Angeles in March while Bryan takes off for Chicago. It is to Hawaii in late June for a family trip, I open a new school in August, Bryan travels to South Africa in October........and somewhere in this busy year, we will travel to Russia - not once, but twice. This is not a typical year for us. We are, by no means, jet-setters - but this year, we have been involved in many things that have provided us with wonderful opportunities. However, Baby will come first, whenever that may be...... Mantra, Mantra, Mantra