Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sesame Street and Elmo

We decided to have a big outting our last week before going back to work - and we just happened to get Sesame Street tickets from Aunt Rol', so we decided we would go. Mimi, Sutton, Sawyer and I packed up early and headed out to see Elmo. We knew what Elmo looked like because we have a bib with Elmo, as well as a hooded towel that we love that is Elmo. As far as any other Sesame Street character, we hadn't a clue. We got to the arena early and were able to park right up front. After doing the bathroom thing, Sutton decided on a pair of Elmo binoculars and Sawyer chose a Sesame Street ball. We found our seats and began eating snack until the show began. Sutton was facinated with all the characters and he was engaged for the entire 90 minute show. Sawyer was also interested, however I believe he was more interested (at times) with all of the lighting. I cried for the first 10 minutes because I am such a big SAP!!! I saw them so excited and amazed, and I just couldn't help but cry that I finally have my boys home and I get to see the world of awe and wonderment through their eyes.
I often find myself close to tears when the boys do the smallest things. Just tonight, both boys ran over to Sadie (our dog) and began loving on her. Sadie was not real excited about it, but she tolerated it. When Sawyer began loving her a bit too tight, Sutton said "BE NICE" over and over again to Sawyer. I was amazed. His spontaneous English just throws me off guard all the time. And Sawyer has such darn cute expressions that it is hard to discipline him. Bryan and I just look at each other and laugh because he can get away with almost anything with just one "innocent" look.
Last night, Bryan was putting Sawyer down for the night. Sutton and I entered the room a bit later. We obviously interrupted Sawyer because he sat right up in bed. I put Sutton to bed and then came over to Sawyer's bed where Bryan was trying to get Sawyer to sleep. I began scratching his back and then when he rolled over, I scratched his tummy. When I thought he was calm again, I eased away from the bed and was about to make my exit when Bryan began laughing so hard that he could hardly catch his breath. What I did not see was one of Sawyer's funny antics. He realized that I was leaving and he sat up in bed. He grabbed his shirt and lifted it up as to say, "Hey, I want you to keep scratching right here!" He is such a nut!!!
Behaviorally speaking, I think both boys are doing good with adjustments. Sutton still tests limits now and then, but it is less and less. He is sharing with his brother more and actually teaching him. The other day, I was in the kitchen while both boys were sitting at the table eating. I think Sawyer wanted something that was on Sutton's plate. Sutton held the food in one hand away from his brother and told him, "Say Please". Sawyer said, "Pea" - and then Sutton gave it to him. Yes, I almost cried on that one as well!!! Sawyer has been showing some of his true colors. He is very impatient. When he is ready to eat (and the food is not ready), he will throw a fit on the floor. He does not mess around when it comes to eating. And , Sutton LOVES meat - especially "shawshage" (sausage). Sawyer's favorite meal seems to be bananas and pancakes (not together).
We start back to work on Monday and hope that the boys do ok in daycare. I am sure they will be ok, but it will be a very long day - and long week. I am sure that we will have some cranky babies because they will not be used to getting up this early, among other things.
As many have noticed (and told me), I have not been blogging as frequently - I apologize!!!! I hope to remedy that by blogging once a week. I have some Halloween pictures that I want to post, so I will do so soon!!! Love to all!!!