Well, it has been 3 months at home with the boys -and HOW OUR LIVES HAVE CHANGED!!! Of course, we wouldn't have changed a thing - but it would have been nice to be more prepared. People say that girls are easier to raise until they hit age 12 - boys are easier from age 12+. I don't know if that is true, but we feel like we are running every second of the day. My intention was to blog at night - since the boys go down around 8pm - However, I have found that I am so drained that I fall asleep on the couch - and all of my good intentions fall asleep with me.
The boys are assimilating well into the American culture. They attend daycare at my place of work - and they love their "skola" (school). As we cross the bridge to get to school, they both scream "SKOLA"! We have had a few issues. Sutton is extremely active and physical - not in a mean sense - but he likes to play rough. This does not always sit well when he needs to play nice at school. He has become much better (and time-out works well with him). He HATES time-out. Sawyer has had issues as well. He has been ill with a systemic infection and impetigo - but he is well on the road to recovery. He seems pretty happy-go-lucky, but when he is tired, hungry, or just bored, he will cling to whoever he can as he wines. I have heard that is typical of a 2 year old - so I guess we are ok.
The boys have also had enough time to discover some likes and dislikes. They still like yogurt, but are not as crazy about cottage cheese as they used to be. Sawyer loves bananas, grapes, cherries and cookies. Sutton loves oranges, chicken fried steak and chicken nuggets (Chik-fil-a brand). Sawyer is our snacker - he likes to eat all day long - fruit and munchy type foods. He does not eat as much for the 3 main meals (probably because of the snacking) - but it at least keeps his blood sugar constant all day. Sutton will snack, but not as much. He will generally eat better during the 3 meals.
Both boys know family. They love their Granny, Grandpa, Mimi, Bebee, and Nanna. They have not seen much of Bebee and Nanna due to distance and the fact that we have been avoiding long car trips. We take only one a month at the most. Yes, I have joined the Mad Minivan Mom club. We got a great deal on it, and I needed the convenience (as well as a DVD player) for the 45 minute trip to and from work. It has helped the boys focus on something other than the car seats.
I am going to try to blog better than I have - I want to blog about our holidays - so stay tuned - I hope to have some more up soon ( I don't promise anything - especially after the last blog and then not posting for 2 months!!!).