Well, today was our last full day in Khabarovsk. I am ready to leave!! We started the day with Cheerios and bananas. Then Bryan and I took the boys to a new playground (there are many - every complex has one). This playground seemed more age appropriate for both boys, so they were happy. At 11:30, Bryan left us at the playground so that he could meet up with our translator and go to the bank to withdraw Sawyer's savings account. We had discussed what to do with this money - and finally decided that we would donate the entire savings to his orphanage. Bryan did not know at the time that our translator would be taking him straight from the bank to the orphanage, but she did. So, he presented her with the money. I think she was very happy with the donation and he had to sign paperwork stating that he made the donation. They said the money would go to supplies for the children. I know that they will put it to good use. There are still so many children in the orphanage - some of them will never be adopted. We are hoping that this money will allow them a few more toys and clothing.
Sawyer, Sutton, and I made it back to the apartments just in time to sit on the bench and watch the big trash truck come by and pick up the huge trash bins. I know it sounds crazy to want to sit and watch this occur, but our boys have never seen this before. They were mesmerized by it. They sat on the bench forever just watching this commotion. Then we went upstairs and the boys played while I fixed a yummy lunch of Mac&Cheese with ham - they LOVE ham. Sutton was concerned that Papa was not there - and was concerned that we leave Papa some lunch - so, we made a special bowl just for Papa when he returned. Bryan came back at 1pm - just in time to put Sutton down for a nap so that I could wrestle Sawyer down for a nap. We have found that one person can put both down for a nap, but it is a huge feat.
After nap, we decided to take our last walk around town. We went walking through the city, a different route than we have taken before. After the long walk, we came back home to a dinner of Chicken and Rice. I was hoping to have some Mac&Cheese or Chicken and Rice leftovers for lunch tomorrow - but, everyone was pretty hungry - so, tomorrow I will be at the grocery store for a few items to make sure we have a good lunch before we leave to catch our flight.
I have been trying to tell Sutton that we are going to get on a plane ("Somalyot" - that is how it is pronounced, but not spelled). He just smiles - so I know he really has no idea what I am saying! We will see how it goes tomorrow. Our day is somewhat planned for tomorrow. Bryan and I will get up early to take showers. He leaves at 8:30 to pick up passports. We will feed them breakfast a bit early - then have snack a bit early as well. Around 10am, we will take our customary walk to tire them out a bit. Then lunch at 11:30 so we can leave at 12:00 for the airport. I have packed for the boys and myself. Bryan is passive aggressive (he and Sutton get along great) - so he is going to wait until the last minute because he knows that it 'gets my goat' if he waits! Bryan is anxious because he does not know how we are going to handle 4 suitcases, 2 carry-ons - and get two boys to the airport and checked in. It takes everything we have to have them hold our hand when we cross the street - and Sawyer does not hold hands. You just have to corral him and most of the time, just pick him up and carry him. So, we are hoping to get all the bags and both boys through the airport. Bryan calls it "the circus coming to town". I tend to agree. We don't know if we will be able to get internet service in Moscow, so if you don't hear from us for a few days, you know what is going on. We are getting closer and closer to our home arrival - and counting down the days. Love to all!!