I walked into the house today after work and heard someone leaving a message on my answering machine. There was no mistaking the heavy Russian accent, so I knew it was our travel specialist from the agency. I grabbed the phone, and thus begins this blog.....
I was told that all of our documents are with the judge - that it is just a matter of days before we get a court date (they think...) - and that we need to get our visas done asap. They decided that every traveling family will now get a business visa instead of a tourist visa because there have been some families that have come close to going over the 30 day travel limit for the tourist visa. They would hate for a family to have to stay for 31 days and end up not being able to get out of Russia.
So, I got online - filled out information for a visa for both of us - paid the huge fee (because it has to be rushed) - and then put our documents in an envelope that must be FedEx'd overnight to the visa company. Then they will fedex them back to us....in 5 business days.
I am hoping that the FBI clearances and the visas will arrive at the same time. Bryan still has to get his physical and I am getting mine as well (end of next week) - just throwing more money down the drain - but, it will all be worth it in just a few more weeks!!! I can not wait to see our boys again - I bet they will no longer fit in any of the clothes I purchased!!! I have been "nesting" lately- Bryan just laughs at me .... I packed a suitcase with all the clothes that the boys will need. Then I unpacked it another night and repacked it in a smaller suitcase - Then, I checked the weather forecasts for 14 days out - and repacked it again (this time with long pants and long sleeves) - it seems that Fall has already approached Khabarovsk. Last time I checked, it was a high of 71 degrees and low of 50. Lord knows what it will be like in 2 weeks....
In talking with the agency, they truly believe that we will receive knowledge of a court date VERY soon. They are worried that we will not have much notice to get prepared to travel. So, we need to be ready at the drop of the hat. This has been the most promising words we have received in a full month's time.
Bryan is working on the Hurricane Emergency Response Team - so he has been gone 2 days - He came home tonight, but goes to the state management center tomorrow morning EARLY - and I don't know how long he will have to stay there. My campus will not be used (at this time) as a shelter, but most of the schools in my district will be used. Yes, I still have school tomorrow - all day long, but I think it is good for the kids so that they can get their mind off the crazy reports that they hear on the news. I am saying a prayer tonight that Hurricane Ike will come through without any harm to human life .... I pray that people are taking this seriously and getting the "heck out of Dodge".
I will blog as soon as I hear something on the adoption...... Maybe tomorrow - maybe early next week? Who knows.... God Bless !