Sunday, September 14, 2008

WE HAVE A "GOTCHA" DATE!!!!!

I came home Thursday evening to a voice on my message machine asking us to get our visas done as soon as possible because they were expecting us to get a court date very soon. I completed the applications on line - however, I had to send our passports to the company. It was too late Thursday evening, so on Friday morning I went to the post office and sent them. It had been a crazy morning at school! I came back to my office and around 10:30 am, I received a call from the agency asking if we had taken care of those details - I said yes, and that I had requested a 5 day turnaround. I was told that was great. Ten minutes later, my phone rang and it was the agency again - Believe it or not, we had a court date. We were told the court date was September 24. I was excited until I realized that it was about 11 days away. Then my stomache really got queasy as I listened to the agenda before me. We were required to be in Russia for medicals on Sept 21 (Monday) - ok, now we were talking 9 days - and we needed to fly out by Sept 18 or 19 to ensure we got there on time (time zone changes, etc). Ok - now we are talking 6 days notice. I think I had a moment of realization and I almost hyperventilated right there. I had to get our travel visas - and no longer would a 5 day turnaround work - I had to have a 1 day turnaround!!!! YIKES!!!
I called Bryan but could not reach him because he was working the Emergency Management System for the state - I called mom - but she was not at home - I called Bryan's mom - she was not at home. AND, I had no one's cell phone numbers because Bryan just bought me a new phone and I had not had time to put in all my numbers. I was alone with all my great news and I could not tell anyone!!! So, I ran up and told a few of my staff members - and they knew before Bryan and our families - OH WELL.....I had to tell someone!!!!

Bryan called a bit later, and I told him the news. I think he hyperventilated as well when I told him that we would be traveling by the end of next week. We have been really busy these past two days.... That is why I am posting this blog at 5am on Sunday morning. I have been up since 3am - queasy and restless - I have answered emails, created to-do lists (for myself, Bryan, and others at school) - emailed all the important people who will keep my campus going for a while - and now I am posting this blog - I think I am ready for a nap so that I can go to church in a few hours!

I want to say some big thank you's before I go. First of all, to our families - They have prayed for us so long that this dream would come true - who would have ever known that these two little boys would be so loved - without even meeting them. I can't tell you how awesome adoption is - that these two boys could be accepted so lovingly by people that have not even met them yet - but, I guess that is the definition of family! To all our aunts, uncles, and cousins who have prayed right along with us - called us - cheered us on - who are just as excited as we are - THANK YOU!!! Especially to my Aunt Helen and Uncle Jerry who take care of us like we are their own - there is no greater love!!! To our friends in Kerrville, San Angelo, Houston, Dallas area, Gonzales, New Braunfels, Corpus Christi, Washington DC, South Carolina, Washington State, California,and probably several other places that I can not even remember right now.....Thank you so much for all your prayers! I know that you celebrate with us, cry with us, and just want us to get those boys home so you can meet them. For those of you in the Houston area - you all have been in our prayers! I am so glad to know that everyone is ok!

Please continue to pray for our safe trip - and that we get through court without a request for more paperwork. Today is a day for celebration!!!! I hope you all join with us!! Praise God! He is good! He gives us what we need, when we need it - even if we don't agree with his timetable - I know who is in charge - and it is definitely not me!!! Love to all - God Bless!