Monday, September 8, 2008

Still Waiting....

Well, we are still in Texas - still waiting - still going crazy..... I was told this past week that all our paperwork is in Khabarovsk and is finished being translated. So, right now we believe that it is sitting in a judge's office and we are just waiting for the judge to give us a court date. We were told that it is very likely that we will receive notice of a court date within the next two weeks. Then we will have 7-14 days to set up travel arrangements. During this LONG wait, Bryan's medicals have expired. These medicals are only good for 6 months - so Bryan has set up an appt. with his doctor to get his medicals redone (of course at a cost because insurance will only pay for 1 physical each year). My medical expires on Sept 28 - so I went ahead and set up an appt on Sept 19 - just in case. We also submitted our fingerprints for the FBI clearance again (these are only good for 90 days) and we will near the expiration at the end of September - so we just decided to get them done since it takes a good 2 weeks for them to process them and get them back to us. I hate being negative, but if we didn't have to wait for 3 1/2 months between the visits, we would not have had to redo all of this paperwork!!! UGH!!

School has been going well, but we have had a tough two weeks. I went to school today fully prepared to attend the funeral of one of our students (see previous blog). When I arrived at school, I was informed that another father of two of our students had passed away due to a massive heart attack on Friday. So I went to one funeral - which was beautiful in English and Spanish - and prayed for two families of children who have lost their fathers. I can not imagine such tragedy at such a young age. My nephew had to endure such a loss, and not to diminish it, but he had a very close, strong family that rallied around him until he graduated from high school (they still rally around him). I wonder who will rally around these children so that they can become productive citizens and kind adults? My heart aches for these children.

It has been hard to focus on my disappointment when I have other tragedies that are far graver than my own - so for now, I will focus on the needs of my kids at school and how we can provide them some support - and just wait until we get the call.

Please say a short prayer for the two families of children at my school who lost their fathers these last few days. I know they would greatly appreciate it.