Monday, July 14, 2008

Paperwork complete - and First Shower was a Huge Success!

We had a crazy week (last week). I ran to Austin to get everything apostilled (local police clearances, FBI clearances, and court petition), then got it to UPS just in time for it to be overnighted to our adoption agency. As our paperwork was flying over the US, our dossier specialist contacted us and told us that the local police clearances were not going to work. I knew that we should have used the adoption agency's form, but the lady at the Sheriff's office was not going to budge. Anyway, I should have listened to the little voice in my head that said - MAKE HER DO IT!!!! So, the next morning, Bryan awoke and was ready to have it out with the above mentioned lady at the Sheriff's office - She was going to redo the clearance on our document one way or another. Bryan walked in and there was a different lady working the front. She redid the paperwork on our forms, and did not charge him a dime!! Then I met Bryan at Zorn Bowling Alley at 11 am to grab the forms through the truck window and off I was to Austin again. I got the forms apostilled and overnighted them AGAIN to the agency. At this point, we have all paperwork in.

So, what is next in the process???? Well, as I understand it - the papers go to Russia and are translated. Then they go to a judge. The judge looks through the papers and decides if he wants to request more information or not. If not, then a court date is set and we are called. If he does want more documentation, then they will let us know and we go through the whole documentation gathering, notarizing, apostilling, etc. until we get it all done. We are hoping that the judge is either EASY or a drunk - that way, maybe the paperwork will look ok to him. If he is a paper freak, then we may be in for a longer wait. At this point, we have been told that it could be 6 weeks to 3 months of a wait. We are hoping that we are closer to 6 weeks.

On to happy news. I had my first shower at my new school. It was thrown by Shirley (my secretary and close friend) and Marivel (another principal and a close friend). It was wonderful. They went with a western theme. The cake was decorated in 2 boots with the each boy's name on a boot. The cookies were shaped in the form of a cowboy hat and a deputy star. Many of my school friends were able to attend and we had a great time. I showed video of the boys and let everyone know the story of various incidents that have happened during this year long journey - If you have kept up with the blog, then you already know the high and low points. Sutton and Sawyer received many presents and I was able to use many of the items to continue decorating their room. I keep thinking that we definitely have enough clothes, but everyone tells me that you can never have enough clothes when it comes to boys. We will see. Mom made a quilt for the boys - it is beautiful - we can put the court date in the Gotcha Lasso (see below) - too cute, and I know that they will cherish it for years to come. Anyway, enough with my blabbering - I am going to attempt to attach some photos of the shower (see the bottom of the page for pictures). Please keep Sutton and Sawyer in your prayers - Pray for good health, sensitive and kind caregivers, and a speedy reunion with us so we can get them home and let everyone spoil them like they have deserved for the past 3 years!!!! Love to All!!!