I think I could do an entire blog under the title, "Additional Paperwork Required." During this entire experience, it seems that this is the most common response we get once we feel that all the paperwork is completed - or at least, when we THINK the paperwork is completed. Yesterday, I received an email from the adoption agency. Our paperwork looks good and is in Khabarovsk. There are 3 requests for changes - and all are minor. I don't know if this request is coming from Russia or not. However, I am excited that the bulk of our paperwork is in Russia. We have to get the bank to complete a form (that they already did in March), but it needs our current balance on our home mortgage - the bank president is out until Tuesday, so we will have to wait on that form. We also have a new agency covenant that must be done. I talked with our local agency, and they have it ready for me to pick up tomorrow. YEAH! The last paper is a copy of the adoption code law in Texas. I have it and it will be notarized tomorrow. So, there is nothing to do but wait until Tuesday when the bank president returns. Once we get that form, I will be off to Austin to have it apostilled - and then overnight it to our agency. Then we will wait some more for any other requests. Monday is BeeBee's birthday (Bryan's father) and Thursday is Sawyer's 2nd birthday. I keep waking up at night thinking about him turning 2 and there being no party ( I don't know this to be true or not). But it makes me sad that he will have a birthday without us. I have decided that we will have his birthday within the first week of the court (gotcha) date. I will bring a few presents in our suitcase, a few candles, and maybe I will be able to find a cake or cupcake in Russia somewhere. Either way, we will have a small 2nd birthday for him.
I had a conference this week with several of my teachers. Because of the huge undertaking of opening a new campus, as well as the grant that we are going to be under, I think there is some concerns about when I will be out. Heck, who am I kidding - I am concerned as well. But, one thing I can say. I have a great team of teachers who will pitch in on a moment's notice. And, they know I will call every day as well. So, as you can see - I am just in a worry mode this week. I am rushing to get paperwork done for the adoption, but also for the school so I will have many things in place when I have to leave.
I will post again next week. Love to all!