Monday, June 2, 2008

The Naming Game

OK, it has been 4 days since we received the referral on our boys. I have realized that I really am blonde. It seems that I can not keep my mind on my job - thoughts that come in to my head seem to vanish just as quickly. I am constantly side-tracked - AND, I am really lacking in sleep. It is a wonderfuly exciting feeling - but, I think that everyone around me is a bit perplexed - this is not the person they know. I think I will get grounded soon, but the good news really has not completely sunk in yet.

So, let me just jump to the real reason for this blog - The boys' names. We had known all along that if we were given a boy, that his name would be Sutton Young Davis. We had agreed on this over a year ago. We were thrown for a loop when we received news of two boys. So began the naming game. I wanted Luke - Bryan wanted Colt - Neither one of us was willing to give, but we began tossing around names. Bryan called his sister who suggested Sawyer. When Bryan told me, I was 100% sold on the name. I had this name down for a girl, but I liked it for a boy as well. There was no discussion. When asked about a middle name, it took about 3 minutes of going through names that I had written down in a book - Justice. Bryan loved it immediately. Within 5 minutes of driving down I-10, we had both boys' names - and there was no discussion: Sutton Young and Sawyer Justice. Bryan's mother was in the car with us. She said, "Don't make a decision yet, why don't you sleep on it for a bit." I told her that when Bryan and I agree on something, we charge ahead - It doesn't happen very often, so when it does, we go with it immediately. Sutton is 3 1/2 yrs old and Sawyer is 22 months. We are on the way to becoming a family very soon.