Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Paperwork is now in Khabarovsk Russia

Bryan has been on my case tonight to blog. I asked him what he wanted me to say. These are his words - and I quote....."Tell them that you love me and that you worship me and that you kiss my feet." Why that came to his mind, I will never know......But, thank you Bryan for that wonderful blog contribution.......

On a more relevant note, I received word today from our adoption counselor that ALL of our dossier paperwork has been sent to Russia. YEAH!!! It is being translated - and we are awaiting a referral - I have no timeline - I don't know how long it will take to translate our paperwork, nor do I know when we might receive a referral. We are taking it one day at a time and just spending time being thankful that the paperwork is finally complete and no one is calling us asking us to redo another form.

I think we will be able to have the baby's room very near completion after this weekend. As soon as we do, I will post pictures. Bryan is not real impressed with it, but he really does not understand the need for color and age appropriate toys for a child...... he will learn. He is just ready to take our child to the barn and put a show stick in his/her hands - I think this is something we will have to take slowly!!

That is all for now. I hope to have good news very soon to share with everyone. Say a prayer for our baby or babies that are in Russia right now waiting to meet their new parents. We are excited and know that we just need to practice patience for a little while longer.

Many of you have asked about Randy and Susan's adoption. Baby Artem is home and he is doing fabulous. Their blog has really helped us to understand what is ahead for us, although all adoptions are different. Just to see the progress that Artem has made in his first month at home brings tears to my eyes. If you want to check out their blog, you can do so at: http://journey-to-adopt.blogspot.com/ Check it out - you won't be sorry you did so......