We have no news on a court date yet. Last week, another piece of paperwork was sent in - and it was done incorrectly by the state - so, they are working on getting done over. It is out of our hands. We just have to sit and wait for it to be completed and sent. I am hoping they will do so by next week. The fighting between Russia and Georgia has not yet affected any of the adoptions - I am hoping that will be the case when we travel. It has been 8 weeks since our first travel to Russia. I am wondering if the boys even remember us.
To keep my mind off the wait, I have been putting away shower gifts from my family shower that we had this past weekend. It was absolutely fabulous. No silly games - just family and close neighbors - I showed a rolling video of the boys that we took when we were in Russia. I also let everyone know what I refer to as the "story of our boys". What a wonderful shower!!! My sister, sister-in-law, and aunt got together to pull this all together and I will be forever grateful. The boys room is full and ready to go - they have clothes ready to wear - and toys that are waiting to be played with - All we need are the boys!!! Bryan's family came down for the event. His younger sister, her husband, and their son (almost 3yrs old) were a welcomed sight. I have not seen enough of them, and we had a great time! On Sunday, we went to church and then ran to the store before the shower. Bryan and Jimmy took responsibility of my sister's son and Jimmy's son. When I returned from the store and was quickly dressing for the shower, Bryan came in looking frazzled. He asked if we really are ready for 2 boys because the two he had for the past few hours have completely worn him out. I had to laugh!!!
Of course we are ready! I believe raising two boys will be a welcomed affair when compared the the agony of this long wait. I have been having the feeling that we will receive a court date by mom's birthday (Sept. 3). I don't know why I think this, but I just have a feeling. I will be hoping that this is true. As soon as we know, I will let everyone know!!! I have been praying for Sutton and Sawyer every day - praying for good health, that they are happy, and that they will be prepared to join a family that loves them very much. Please join me in the prayer - I am no longer praying for a quick court date - just that they are healthy and happy - I know God will take care of everything on his timeline!! God Bless!