Sunday, April 6, 2008

Review of Documents

We received word from our agency that our scanned adoption documents looked good. I was told that 99% of people have to redo some of their paperwork, so I was ready for the news. We really tried to ensure that all papers were exact, so I was happy when we were told to just correct 2 documents. One document just needed to have our type written names under our signatures. The other document is from Bryan's job. He will have it sorted out this week. The only other document that I will be creating is something that is not required, but I am doing it just in case we get a very picky judge in Russia. Some of our paperwork is signed or addressed as Cynthia L. Davis and Bryan Y. Davis - but our passport has our full middle names. So, I am going to have a letter notarized stating that our documents with middle initials are legal because we are the same people they are referring to (middle initial or full middle name). I know, it sounds crazy - but some judges are very picky. They want your entire full name on every document - so, we are not going to take a chance on it, and we are just going to do it!!!

So, it looks like one more week of document gathering before we can go to Austin and have our paperwork apostilled, translated, and sent to Russia. We are being patient with others who are responsible for signing off on all of our paperwork, trying to get all of our documents together, and still hold down 2 jobs. So far, we are doing well.