Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cause for Concern????

Bryan and I have our date with the USCIS tomorrow to do our fingerprinting. Once we get that done, we will sit and wait for our 171-H to come back (the document that allows us to adopt). We must have this document in order to travel and it has to be apostilled, so this will be the piece of paper that we will be waiting on. Once we receive it, we will have everything complete (at least round one).

I received word from our agency that everyone that is adopting in Khabarovsk needs to WAIT before doing any apostilling - They have told us that the paperwork requirements are increasingly difficult and highly scrutinized. They would like for all couples to scan all the documents to them so that they can do the double check before we take everything to be apostilled - I don't know if this is a cause for concern or if this is a good thing (so we don't get caught off guard)???? We are supposed to receive word at the end of this week from them so that we know how to proceed.

Luckily, I have a printer/ scanner combo, so once I figure it out, I will scan it all and send it to them for their review. I have been using my mantra alot this week because I am worried how long it will take for our government to send us the 171 - It took so long to just get a date to do our fingerprints - but, I have to keep repeating that God has a plan - my mantra - "This is not about MY timeline. This is GOD'S timeline. He has neverforsaken me. He will be with me through it all - BE PATIENT". . I have to learn patience, but no one said I have to like it!!!